Yes, I Over-email!

Okay, I admit it, I over-email.  I email too often.  My email frequency is excessive.  "Manage the message" has not struck home with me.

If you notice people running in the other direction when they see you coming, why haven't you changed your ways? I ask myself.  Remember, relationships matters most, I think.

But, the news is so important, and the timing--critical.  We are truly at a time in education where the "fork in the road" decisions are present all the time.  It is a time when our actions and decisions have the potential to move education forward in a way that's never been possible before, at least not during my life or 26-year tenure as a teacher.

Therefore, for the time being, I'll continue to email even if it's not welcome.  I'll do it because without the information, we might misstep, and that misstep might bring us down a road where we can't teach children well or meet their needs with the best tools, pedagogy and ideas.

You don't have to open the email, and you don't have to read it, but I feel a responsibility to send it if I think it will make a difference.

As always, I welcome your thoughts, responses and debate.
You have read this article with the title Yes, I Over-email!. You can bookmark this page URL http://the-bookself.blogspot.com/2012/01/yes-i-over-email.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Yes, I Over-email!"

Post a Comment