School Year Goals

Summer is nearing its close, and now I'm finding myself setting school year goals. Committing these goals to a blog post helps me to stay focused and also elicits feedback which is both instructional and encouraging thus helping me to achieve, revise and refine the goals as I move along. If you read my blogs, you know the tech world creates the "kid in a candy store" dilemna for me. Because there's always so much to learn and so many possibilities, I continually need to prioritize and set goals. I'm also well aware of those goals I meet and the ones that lay dormant waiting for greater motivation or a better approach (more on that at a later time).

For now, here are my goals for the school year:
  1. Teaching Excellence

  2. Balance

  3. Contributions to School, System and Greater Education Community (to be refined upon start of school year w/respect to school and system-wide efforts, vision, initiatives)

    • Providing Tech Workshops

    • School Council

    • System-Wide Literacy Institute Presentation

  4. Professional Development/Learning:

    • Continued Technology Investigation via Internet, Conferences, Edcamps

    • RTI Focused on Reading Instruction (Reading The Daily Five and The Cafe).

    • Action Based Research Focus on Math Instruction (if grant is awarded)

    • Continued Curriculum Development, Revision and Evaluation

    • Update student social network (NING), class website and It's Learning online Units.

Now, it's time to get started.
You have read this article with the title School Year Goals. You can bookmark this page URL http://the-bookself.blogspot.com/2011/08/school-year-goals.html. Thanks!

No comment for "School Year Goals"

Post a Comment