Math Exploration

Developing my repertoire for teaching math is one of my goals for the year ahead.  I really enjoying learning and teaching math.  I especially love turning math concepts into real world situations and/or models as well as the reverse, taking real world situations and looking at the math involved.

I learned math mainly by memorization--I could remember well so I did well in math from k-12. It wasn't until I started teaching Investigations to elementary school students that my interest in math grew and I began to see math as much more than memorization.  Also, the terrific opportunity to be involved in a discrete math program for teachers further developed my interest in mathematics.  The college-level instructors and the manner in which the course was taught over a period of several months was both challenging and motivating.

Hence, now as I begin to read and explore math education and math in general with greater depth, I've decided to create a Math Exploration blog post to list links and comments related to this investigation. If you have links to add or thoughts to share, please comment.




You have read this article with the title Math Exploration. You can bookmark this page URL http://the-bookself.blogspot.com/2011/08/math-exploration.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Math Exploration"

Post a Comment