Growing Google Sites to Facilitate Instruction

The Gold Threaded Dress Content Website
I have chosen Google sites as my preferred medium for content unit organization and share. I like the global ease of sharing that Google sites provides, and I also like the way that Google solves problems and innovates quickly. By using a Google site I am able to spend less time on the tech and more time on the meaningful content and instruction.

The more I use Google sites to organize, present and share content, the more I am beginning to develop a creation pattern:
  1. I collect the resources I have used in the past.
  2. I create pages on the site that reflect the order and categories of the unit.
  3. I add the current standards that make up the unit focus and foundation.
  4. I share the unit with those who are impacted including colleagues near and far, students and family members.
  5. As I collaborate with students and colleagues on unit implementation and design, and as I reflect on the work, I easily revise the unit.
Essentially the Google site is a one-stop shop for topic learning and links.  It's a facile vehicle when it comes to the addition of slide shows, films, links, images and documents. The site is also easy to share and revise while fostering independent learning and student choice.

Self Portrait Poetry Unit Content Website
What vehicle do you use to organize, present and share curriculum?  Why did you choose that vehicle?  Do you use Google sites for content sharing in ways that I haven't discovered yet?  Also, I'd like to grow my work with depth and focus, so please offer ideas in that regard. Thanks for your thoughts.


Additional Examples of Google Sites

Animal Adaptations

Endangered Species Exploration

ePortfolio Creation

Immigration/Family History Unit (to be created 11/12)

4th Grade Math Program




You have read this article with the title Growing Google Sites to Facilitate Instruction. You can bookmark this page URL http://the-bookself.blogspot.com/2012/09/growing-google-sites-to-facilitate.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Growing Google Sites to Facilitate Instruction"

Post a Comment