Don't Hesitate!

Last night I participated in the #leadfromwithin chat.  That chat always pushes my thinking. The discussion centered on "mental models."  It took me a while to wrap my brain around the concept--I wanted to have a visual image, but basically, as I understand it, your mental model is the neural pathways created by life's experiences, biology and other factors that affect (effect?) your decision making and activity.

Awareness of one's mental model allows you to move forward rather than remain static.  I was struck by the many comments that suggested ways to vitalize and energize one's mental model, essentially the ways to embrace life. I also found myself thinking about the "mental models" of students who succeed versus those that are reluctant, challenged students.

Essentially, the chat let me to the recognize that it is great to risk, try new endeavors and explore the rich possibilities life offers.  Hence, don't hesitate to try something new to advance your knowledge, career and experiences.  It might be a bit frightening at first, but you'll reap the benefits of a vibrant, able attitude towards change and growth, and paths you may never imagined you'd travel.

With summer around the corner, it might be a good idea to set aside a few days to risk, explore and try something new--a summer activity that has the potential to revitalize teaching and the schools we work in.  What will you choose?
You have read this article Multimedia Composition with the title Don't Hesitate!. You can bookmark this page URL http://the-bookself.blogspot.com/2012/05/don-hesitate.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Don't Hesitate!"

Post a Comment