Tech Integration or Learning Design?

Are you noticing a shift from a tech integration focus to learning design?

Alan November's speech at the Global Education Conference last fall shifted my focus.

Since that time, I've been working steadily to revise the way I plan and facilitate student learning.  I continue to integrate technology regularly, but I am more concerned with the choreography of the learning event, and the attributes, processes, knowledge and skill I hope to nurture and coach.

In part, this is probably true because students generally grasp technology quickly.  With a few pointed instructions, most children learn how to use a tech tool with skill.  On the other hand, learning how to navigate a multimodal, project base, collaborative learning event is much more complex and requires many steps, lots of coaching, and thoughtful planning to take an initial quest to a finished project.

Are you moving from a focus on tech integration to learning design--design that is infused with technology and many other tools and processes?  I'd like to know what you and your educational organizations are doing in this regard as I continue to build and develop my classroom program for best effect? Are you integrating your instruction, teaching in discrete sets or balancing the two? I welcome related links, posts, titles and other information that might help me think about this direction with greater depth. Thank you.
You have read this article with the title Tech Integration or Learning Design?. You can bookmark this page URL http://the-bookself.blogspot.com/2012/03/tech-integration-or-learning-design.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Tech Integration or Learning Design?"

Post a Comment