Summer Study - Part Four

I just returned home after a healthy dose of family, friends, sea, sun and perspective.  I left tech at home, and headed off to a beachside location to celebrate a busy, but successful school year.  Now, I'm back, rested and ready to resume my summer study and work.

Local events have made me think more deeply about my role as caretaker and educator.  What can I do this summer that will boost my ability to teach and care for children throughout the school year?  First, it's important to stay physically strong and capable -- healthy choices allow educators to give more to their students.  Next, honing my skills in the academic areas I teach -- teaching children well builds their self esteem and confidence.  Finally, and most importantly, taking the time to listen to, observe and care for the children in my home and community, and making myself available to nurture and support when I can.  It does take a village when it comes to raising children, and I am fortunate to be a part of an extended community that exemplifies that belief.

Summer provides educators with important time to develop their repertoire and perspective so that they can teach children well.  I'm grateful for this time to replenish and move forward so that I can best serve the children I teach.
You have read this article with the title Summer Study - Part Four. You can bookmark this page URL http://the-bookself.blogspot.com/2011/07/summer-study-part-four.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Summer Study - Part Four"

Post a Comment